Saturday, June 14, 2008

ADVENTURECON

I'm back from AdventureCon in Knoxville. Had a blast and will be writing more about it later but right now I want to rest a bit and veg out in front of Stephen King's "The Stand," although I started in the middle and I haven't a clue what this is all about.

Among the highlights was meeting and talking with Brian Harnois of "Ghosthunters" on the Scifi Channel, soon to be seen (later this summer) on the new "Ghosthunters International." He told me about his scariest encounters -- one with a 90-year-old possessed woman and encountering a true demon in a New York brownstone.

I also enjoyed talking with the young woman who was the speaking voice for "Jem" in the cartoon, "Jem & The Holograms." Yes, I was too young to be watching cartoons when Jem came on the scene but I loved it anyway!

AND, got my photo made with Michael Biehn of "The Terminator," and many other scifi movies and TV shows, along with others. We also chatted briefly.

My pal Scott was there, too, so I will have cool photos, too.

More later ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Was glad to read you enjoyed AdventureCon and was wondering (hey its a long shot but I figured it never hurts to ask right?) If you'd like to write a review of it for a Michael Biehn Appreciation Page I help run on Myspace. I try and put up any news etc in the blog.

Here's the link if you want to check it out :http://www.myspace.com/michaelbiehnfansite

Cheers

Von

Newscat said...

Thanks so much for asking! I really didn't spend a lot of time with Michael. I will be writing about it and other things I experienced later this week. I can't write a review for your site, but I'd love for you to link from my blog!

Anonymous said...

LOL Von beat me to it. I've been watching your blog since you posted waiting to see what else went up. I'm associated with Von but I wondered if you'd mind us putting the info (with a link to your blog of course) on the biehn-waiting site too (http://www.biehn-waiting.com). Also, would you be willing to let us post any pics there? With full credit and links of course.

Thanks
Seo

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I will watch out for it :)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Von